I have officially had my first entire week off and I am still getting used to the idea of not having any homework to do, papers, to grade, alarm clocks to set, etc. etc...the list goes on an on. It is nice but I must admit for a person who is used to juggling a million things at once, it is in a way bittersweet. I love the freedom I have but sometimes I feel a little useless. For the first time in my life I don't know what is next. Well I know what I would love to be "next" but getting there right now isn't as easy as I thought it would be. I have spent the entire week researching school districts, filling out online apps, and basically beefing up my resume so I can apply to any and everything that I can get my hands onto. From here on out it is pretty much just a waiting game. I check the edjoin ( an educational hiring website) daily and that's pretty much all I can do right now. I have plenty to keep me busy between my two babies and my Scentsy business so I am going to take a deep breath, kick my feet up, and just hope that something comes through for me...and if it doesn't well then I will just be patient and enjoy my days at home with Alexa. I am finding so much peace and joy in my day to day life and I am not taking one minute for granted because I know that in one phone call my life could go back to crazy!! I am loving every minute of my time off and my "To Do" list just keeps growing. Life is good and for the first time in a long time I feel very content!!

I felt this way after this summer...for the first time I didn't have teaching or subbing to go to and my only job and thing to worry about was being a stay at home mommy...I was so confused for awhile on what to do, look outside of education, stay at home, hope for a miracle (teaching job), etc. Take advantage of your time as a mommy because it will change sooner than later and just enjoy. Our degrees won't expire, its just not our time right now! :)
ReplyDelete