Monday, February 21, 2011

Kindergarten Love...YUCK!!

Over the weekend I was doing my regular cleaning out of the previous weeks' pile of papers, mail, etc. when I came across Nathan's "January Writing Journal".  I learned during his first year of preschool that as much as I would love to save everything..it's just not possible! We would have a Uhaul truck full by now of all the crap work that he brings home from school..so I've learned to "file" what is not important into the big file cabinet..you know the one that goes out daily with the rest of the "unimportant" things...OK fine I "file"  (whispering) it in the trash..I swear I'm not a bad mom..I do care what my son does at school everyday but damn I can't save everything.

So anyway...back to my story, I was doing some "filing" when I saw his journal and decided to start open it up and start reading some of his daily entries. I swear I wasn't being nosey...I wanted to check his writing progress...OK OK you know me too well..I was being nosey!!

Although he hasn't really mastered writing, and most of the words are spelled out phonetically I was able to decipher the just of what he was writing about. Mostly I saw typical boy stuff...batman beats up the joker, ice man kills lava man, Tre is my best friend...yadda yadda and of course for every journal entry there is a colorfully scribbled picture to go along with it. I must say the pictures said much more then the few sentences he wrote.. but it's OK, he's learning.

To my surprise in the midst of all the super hero obsession stories, I see a picture of a boy and girl holding hands standing on the grass smiling at each other..WTF how the heck did this picture get into my little boy's writing folder???? What little girl drew this?! Then I start reading...."Riley aand Cloee luv echothhur they kis"

THEY WHAT???

 Did I just read that right?

Did he just say that Riley and Chloe love each other and they...KISSED?!

 I was in total shock. I couldn't believe that at the innocent little age of 5 years old my son (ok so he's not so innocent hee hee) is writing about his friend Riley and his little girlfriend. Not only should they have no idea about boyfriends and girlfriends but why the heck are they kissing??

 Are they really kissing??

While I'm reading this over and over..I've now become obsessed.. all I kept thinking was "How in the heck am I going to address this?"

 I mean don't get me wrong I think it's cute that they say boyfriend and girlfriend and I did buy his "friend" Mikaela a little extra treat for Valentines Day, but now this! They are kissing in Kindergarten..and what does Nathan call a kiss?

 Like on the lips?

On the cheek?

The thought just makes me want to barf...What if my baby is kissing at school.......AGGGHH!!

After I was able to pull myself together I called Nathan into the room very discretely and asked him to read the page for me..afterall maybe I just read it all wrong... right????

WRONG!!!

He read EXACTLY what I thought it said and when he got to the part where it said they "kissed" he started snickering and turning bright red.

Well you know me and I love to ask questions so about a million questions later I finally got to the bottom of it..

1. Riley likes Chloe
2.They are bf & gf
3. They didn't really kiss but Riley wants to kiss her (he has an older brother so who knows if he even understands what that means..but I must admit I was a bit relieved when I realized it hasn't happened yet)
4. Riley confided in Nate (pinkie swore) to not tell anyone so I better not tell my friends ( I have to say that was the best part...I can't tell MY friends...hilarious!!)
and finally in the words of Nate...
5."Please don't read my journal unless you ask me mom"

OMG....It's started already.......I think I will take another glass of wine please..PLEASE!!!

Hopefully I won't have to read about Nathan kissing any girls soon because as far as I'm concerned...I'm the only one for my little man <3

No comments:

Post a Comment