About a year ago I stumbled across a blog page which was written by parents who were watching their beautiful little toddler Layla Grace Marsh; laylagrace.org fight an outrageous battle with a rare form of childhood cancer called Neuroblastoma. I followed this blog daily and prayed harder then I have ever prayed, pleading with God to please heal this beautiful little girl. I will never forget the day that I read that the sweet the sweet angel "had earned her angel wings". I cried so hard that night, for a child I had never known, but because I knew how heartbreaking this must have been as a mommy, to endure such pain. I cried because I too at a young age had to watch one of my own friends fight every minute of every day for two long years for his own young and innocent life. I have mentioned before that when I was in high school I watched a very close friend of mine battle Leukemia. It was the most horrible thing I have ever had to watch someone endure and it really made me check myself as far as what really matters in my own life.
Recently, from Layla's foundation I came across the story of another little boy named Ronan Thompsan aka "Rockstar Ronan"; rockstarronan.com who is fighting this same awful battle! His mom blogs daily about Ronan's journey and I love reading her blogs because she is so honest and raw about everything that her precious 3 year old son should NEVER have to endure. Cancer is affecting more children today then it ever has!! As a mother of two I read Maya's blog realizing how precious each day is and to never take one minute for granted. Cancer is the most ugly, awful, fucked up disease.. and I pray that a cure is found soon (not just for childhood cancer but for all cancers). I ask you today as you read this post to please take a minute to please pray for Ronan and all of the beautiful souls out there who are fighting this horrific disease. Today I pray for the Thompson family and all of the mommies and daddies who are watching their own children fight this battle.
With that being said I am going to hug my babies extra tight today because life is too short and I am asking you to do the same..

I think of Layla so often and that is exactly why our beautiful next daughter that will be entering this world in June middle name will be after her, in her memory...he beautiful and innocent face and parents blogging taught me how to be a loving mom and not take a moment for granted...I came across this blog because of you and too became consumed, crying and pleading with God nightly for her, her parents and two sisters...I think and pray for all of them often and thank her for teaching me to be an unselfish, loving, compassionate and patient mommy.
ReplyDelete