Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Alexa!!!

To say that this year flew by would be an understatement. It's so crazy how in the blink of an eye your baby is no longer a baby anymore..I think it's hitting me harder this time because I know that this is probably my last baby...

I'm really trying to keep it together I am...

When we decided to have another baby I suddenly become so nervous about so many things. Being that Nathan was already 4 years old I was so worried about having a new baby around. Not only for him, because he was so used to being an only (SPOILED) child but I worried how I as a mommy would be able to share my love with another little person. I know this sounds crazy but then again I worry about everything so to me it makes perfect sense. I worried about all the small things, like how I was going to balance out being there 100% for both kids, and if I would remember how to take care of a baby after it had been so long, I worried that Nathan would feel betrayed and wouldn't accept his little sister, I worried about worrying...well because that is what I do.

When I was pregnant I would stay up late at night, letting my imagination run wild, imagining how different my life was about to be..Not in a bad way, but I knew my life was going to change in every single way.

Once I saw the eyes of my baby girl all of my worries went away. I instantly fell in love and felt so grateful to be the mommy of such a beautiful little girl. 

When I look into the eyes of both of my children I realize that I am far from perfect and have made a lot of crazy decisions in my life..but I know that in my life I have done two things absolutely perfectly and those are my children Nathan & Alexa!!

This year has been quite a whirlwind and I was right.. my life has definitely changed, but no matter how crazy it may get I could not imagine it any other way.


To my daughter Alexa Maria~

I vow until the day I leave this earth to be the best mommy that I can possible be. I promise to never let you wonder about how much I love you. I promise to guide and support you in all of your decisions even if i do not agree, and when you fall flat on your face I promise to be right there to pick you up. I promise to kiss your owies and nurse you when your sick. I promise to give you everything that I possibly can and to push you to be the best you can possibly be. I promise to teach you about love, life, and disappointment and everything else in between. I promise to be honest with you so that you always know where you stand. I promise that no matter what nothing or no one will EVER come in between us. I promise to hold your hand and guide you and provide you a shoulder when you need someone to cry on. I promise to love you forever more...




Happy 1st Birthday Baby Girl.............I hope you know that I love you so.........

xoxoxo
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment