So last night Anthony had an appt. to get his truck serviced so I figured I would take the kids to my parents to get some outdoor playtime in...we don't play outside at our house unless we are fully strapped!! KIDDING... well kind of but.......anyway, so after they played and were getting pooped I was feeling extra nice so I asked Nate if he wanted to go to Chick Filet for dinner..Of course he jumped on it and we were on our way. When I pulled up to the LB Towne Center it was crazy packed but I figured people must have just parked at the restaurant and were really hanging out at the towne center (it was a nice evening). Well I was wrong!! Little did I know it was freakin' KIDS NIGHT (mental note DO NOT GO TO CHICK FILET ON TUESDAY NIGHTS)every kid in flippin America was there. As I opened the doors I took a huge breath strapped on some patience and tried to deal. After
practically beating someone down being a little assertive we finally found a booth to sit in and and Nathan barely shoveled food in face fast enough just in time for the magician to start. I was kinda excited...free entertainment!! Even better as we were eating he ran into a little girl from his class which really makes this story that much more exciting.So anyway, Nathan goes to join all of the other kids on the makeshift rug area with his little friend from school and I would peep over to occasionally check on him. Although I couldn't see him I could hear everything that the magician was saying and I remember hearing a conversation that went something like this:
Magician: "How many of you boys and girls like to drink soda?"
Kids: "Meeeeee"
Magician: "Well what kind of soda do you like?"
Random kids yell out: "Root Beer", "Diet Coke", "Sprite", and then I hear.....are you ready for this.... "BUD LIGHT"
OMG I am convinced that was my child that just said that but I am too afraid to peek over the booth and look. I am ready to just crawl into a hole and hide because it was so quiet you could practically hear a pin drop. After trying to compose myself I look over and see the big ol' smirk on his face. I try to call him over quietly and discretely
so that the other parents don't notice me so that I don't disturb the magic show.
Of course the little brat (at this point) is ignoring me so I have to proceed to get up and drag his butt back to our booth. Of course he denied it until I said I can see in his eyes that he is lying (which always works by the way) Eventually he fessed up and I continued to explain how Bud Light is beer and kids don't drink beer..yada yada so what does he say "I know mom, but it was funny huh?"
I had no more words..........Who's kid is he anyway?????
Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment