Our holidays were amazing and no matter how much money you spend or how stressed out you get it, is so worth seeing the joy in your kids eyes when Christmas morning comes. Nathan was so excited this year, every morning he reminded me how many more days until Christmas, making sure that I wouldn't forget, of course. Alexa didn't really understand the whole Santa thing but after about five presents or so she started to get the hang of things. Of course Nate didn't mind having to help her out..LOL The week before Christmas we took Nate, Lexi, and Rhowan to take pictures on Santa's lap and lets just let the picture explain how that went...
This will definitely make for a funny story one day and I will be sure to always keep it in a safe place!
It was so nice getting two entire weeks off to enjoy my babies. Alexa did end up getting very sick though during my second week off but I am so glad that I was off
So what's new with us....
Next week I will finally be done with my student teaching and honestly it will be bittersweet. I am so excited to finally get my life back in order, but after working with students for a few months you really start to develop strong bonds. I'm going to miss my kids especially my Juniors but I am looking forward to just taking it easy for a few months. It doesn't look like subbing is too promising right now so instead of paying $850 a month (between both kids) in daycare I've decided to ride it out and take advantage of the opportunity to stay home and bond with Lexi. This may make me crazy so I will definitely be spending a lot of time walking and playing at the park. Now that I have my credential I will spend my free time applying anywhere and everywhere that is hiring and am really hoping to get a teaching contract in the fall...God Willing!!!
Anthony is still working thankfully and actually has been offered a new job opportunity that I will post more about once everything is finalized so stay tuned..
Nathan is doing much better in school and actually I just received an email from his teacher (MY HERO) Ms. Jordan that he is going to be receiving a Math award at the school wide assembly on January 28th. He doesn't know, as it is going to be a surprise but we are going to make this a huge celebration for him. He may be a little bad a** but he's a very bright little boy and that makes me so proud!Baseball season starts this weekend and he is so excited to get back out on the diamond and
Our little firecracker Alexa is going to be ONE on the 27th, can you believe it??? I can't believe my baby is not a baby anymore. She has definitely come into her own lately. She is walking (like a drunk) running into things but that doesn't stop her. She is saying a few words "mama", "dada" "bye bye" "done" and her new favorite "what's that?" It's amazing how much of a sponge little ones are, especially when they are the second child and are determined to catch up to their siblings!! I may be biased but I think she is so beautiful and even though she makes me pull my hair out
Well I think that's enough for now..as I said I could go on for hours but I will just promise to blog a little each day to make up for the time I've lost.
I hope your holiday's brought as much love and joy as it has to ours and I hope that 2011 is a very blessed year for everyone!!!
Until next time....
Nichole


No comments:
Post a Comment