Friday, July 23, 2010

What about Me??

Everyday is crazy! From the moment I wake up or should I say get woken up until the moment I get to lie my head down on my pillow..my life is non-stop. Don't get me wrong I love my life, my kids, the opportunity to stay home and spend all summer with them, but sometimes I look at myself and I wonder "what has happen to me??"" I'm a great multi-tasker and have always been able to juggle a million things at once. I have mastered going to school full-time, working and taking care of the house and my family but I was never the girl who would go out of the house in a tank top and yoga pants especially if I was going anywhere but Wallmart. I was never the girl who's hair wasn't done in a cute style(thanks to cosmetology school) or had a trace of gray hair peeking through at the roots. I never had chips in my nails or a month long grown out pedicure. My skin has never been so pale as if I have just stepped foot off of the set of the movie Twilight. Flip flops were never my shoe of choice and sweatshirts were hardly in my wardrobe routine.  My jewelry has gotten dusty and my make-up hardly gets touched. I have never felt totally disgusted with myself, my weight, my appearance and how I look on a day to day basis as I do now. In my defense my house is almost always clean (I'm a little anal when it comes to that), I'm usually always on top of my laundry, my toilets are scrubbed, the tile floor is so clean you can eat off it.  You won't find dust on my furniture or water spots on the counters but DANG what has happen to me??? I'll tell you what has happen..I have become a full-time stay at home mommy to two beautiful but active kids. A son who plays Baseball, does Karate 3x a week, is obsessed with video games and likes to stay busy. A daughter who is now sitting up playing with toys and starting to get into "being entertained." Although this is no excuse to look like A MESS when I leave the house, you will never see my kids looking as horrible as I probably do. My kids will always be clean, dressed nice and will always have the best of the best, even if I have to spend my last dollar.. it will be for my kids. This makes me very proud but lately after some of my loved ones have kindly brought it to my attention I need to re-focus and try to fit in some time to take care of ME. I need to get up an hour earlier (hopefully before the kids) to shower and put myself together. I need to take the time to get my hair done and style it each day. I need to start eating healthier and make exercising a priority in my life!! I am not getting any younger and working out is not going to get any easier so it's time to crack down and get serious. I need to be able to let the laundry pile up or the furniture get a little dusty and start putting a little time into ME. I'm not by any means trying to sound selfish but when other people start to notice the mess that I have become then I know it's time to make some changes!! Although it hurts to hear these kind of things.. they have probably been biting their tongue for a long time now hoping that the little jokes about my outfit or my hair being in a pony for the umpteenth time would finally set in. So last night I made a list. A list of all of things I can do to not only look a lot more put together but to also feel that way! I am going to make this a new priority in my life so we will see how it goes. .Until then wish me luck I hopefully won't be caught off guard by a camera man and the hosts of "What Not to Wear" anytime soon. For now on if you happen to see me out and I look "a mess" and I'm not at Wallmart..I must just be having a rough day!! LOL

2 comments:

  1. Ok, well first of all, we ALL go through this and you are not alone. I was starting to feel really bad reading this, it was like an audition letter for a make over...you're not auditioning for the biggest loser (you made it sound like you were like 1,000 lbs), you by far are a "MESS." I just want to see you happy and to be happy you have to feel happy and look happy. I know from personal experience and have been there done all that, you will get back to where you want to be. You just have to be willing to take the time for YOU. I know how hard it is when that alarm goes off and you just want 5 more min, but the way I look at it is, if I don't shower and get ready now, I NEVER will all day. Rhowan doesn't allow that in my daily agenda! LOL. I am sorry for the passive and funny jokes/comments, we love you and we all dish it out. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or bring anything to your attention passively, we just want you to feel good about you! You are a great mom, multi tasker, etc. You never have to defend that, we all know that and would never judge that for a second. Stop feeling like you need to say or do things for the sake of others, its ok to do and say for you eventhough you're a mom and wife. You gotta keep momma happy. As TJ says, "happy wife, happy life." :) We have to treat ourselves too. Hang in there, keep your head up and enjoy the small moments in life, try to not let this consume you or define you, its a phase and this to shall pass.
    love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not at all upset at you, more upset at myself that I have let it go this far. I'm happy that my family loves me enough that when they see that I have done things outta character i.e. the way I have looked lately that they would bring it to my attention. I know you are not trying to hurt my feelings or making me feel down about myself you just want me to be happy and it's obvious in how I talk and act that I'm not. This is something that I NEEDED to hear and NEED to do so don't feel guilty or be sorry. We are family and we count on eachother for good times and bad. So if anything Thank You for making me realize that I too am important :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete