Today is Nathan's official last day of Preschool and I honestly never thought it would hit me this hard...but I am an emotional wreck!! Not surprising I'm sure being that I have been feeling like I'm on a roller coaster of emotions since Alexa's been born. I keep wondering if this too shall pass or if I just have to accept that I am a super emotional person now. I have always been pretty sensitive and a little more soft then most but dang lately I feel like I cry more than I smile. Not that it's always sad tears because many times I am crying out of joy but geez like my sis says I'm a little "EMO" (often referring to a person who is overly emotional) these days and I just can't seem to dodge it. Maybe it's not a bad thing after all? Maybe I am just super in touch with my emotions? Maybe I am just a big baby? Whatever the case pretty soon I'm going to have to stop wearing mascara because lately it just rolls down my cheeks more then it stays on my lashes. Last night I tossed and turned all night. I kept thinking about how two years ago I sent my little boy barely potty trained who had so much to learn.. like; how to share with others, how to listen and follow rules, how to play nicely, how to sit still (STILL WORKING ON THAT ONE), how to use his manners, how to self advocate, how to express his feelings THE RIGHT WAY how to love others and most importantly love,understand,and learn about God and the power of prayer. The day he started preschool he was a very stubborn and rowdy (barely) 3 year old little boy and looking back it makes me realize just how far he's come. He amazes me so much everyday with his language, the amount of knowledge he has about so many things (even things that I think he is too little to understand). The thing that helps me deal with this huge milestone is that I strongly believe and know with all my heart that he is more than ready for the next chapter in his life to begin. I can't believe that in just a matter of days he will be 5 years old and in a short few months will be going to "big boy school"! I'm sooo proud of him and I hope that he continues to love school and realize how important education is, especially in today's world. I'm looking forward to being there to mentor and guide him and help him choose the right paths in life and even to pick him up and re-direct him when he doesn't. Nathan if you ever read this I want you to know that Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you, we love you with all our hearts and cannot begin to describe how much joy you continue to bring to our lives. We hope that you continue to turn to us for guidance and most importantly trust and love Jesus for he will always be there for you! Love you so much little man..
BTW tears....they are a flowin!!
Lots of love,
Nichole

First and for most, Nate will not be reading this anytime soon! LOL...j/k. It was sweet...not gonna lie, it makes me a lil teary eyed too...he was the first baby on our side of the family and the only one for such a long time. He truly has an unbelievable special place in my heart...we truly bonded when he was a baby and I was priveleged to get to watch him as a baby. There is nothing like the first born! :) Oh, Kinder is so much fun, on to bigger and better things "Big G," as uncle TJ would say! :)
ReplyDelete