Alexa had her 4 mo. check up on Thursday and the Doctor referred to her as "the poster child for babies" LOL she is on a great eating/sleeping routine, sleeps 10 hours in the night, is right on target with height & weight (she weighed in at 15 lbs. 4 oz.'s and is 25 inches long :)) and is progressing normally with her developmental milestones. To top it off she cried for maybe 2 seconds when she got her shots and I never saw her upset or fussy after that, EVEN THE NEXT DAY!!
She is such a happy vibrant little girl and she just melts my heart when she smiles. She is looking more and more like her big brother everyday especially when I compare their baby pictures. She definately takes more after the German side of the family though. She is much more fair skinned then Nate, has my mom's exact birth mark and still has beautiful hazel eyes ( I sure hope they stay).
It's funny how when people see her they always say "oh wow she looks just like your mom". LOL Not me... but MY MOM??!! Funny how that worked out but sooo true!! She is finally tolerating tummy time which she absolutely hated about a month ago and is actually getting pretty darn good at holding her head up onto her arms while on her tummy. Like this....
She is quickly growing out of the infant stage and is an exciting little baby. It's getting so much more fun. She smiles and recognizes familiar faces, laughs hysterically at her crazy brother, loves jumping up and down while someone holds her and is ready to just be put down to be free to explore!! I <3 it. Although there is a saying that goes something along the lines of "if the baby is easy while small then watch out come toddler year" I'm enjoying this stage so much. Nathan was an AWESOME baby too if that says anything. LOL Not that he is a "bad" boy but he has just been a little "challenging" O.K who am I fooling..."a little" More like VERY challenging, especially during his 3's. I will not forget the days when I would dread going to school to pick him up only to hear what he had done that day; bit another child; screamed while the other kids were napping, pushed someone down the slide, etc. etc. I do have to admit that it does make life much more exciting though and I will always have some great stories to share. Although being a mommy of two can get very crazy I'm lovin it!!!
I'm looking so forward to this summer when I can be home everyday with my beautiful children and enjoy them all day long!!
P.S. Remember I said that because come August I'm sure I will be counting the days for Kindergarten to start and for me to get back in the classroom!! Ha Ha
Lil Lexi is rocking the Juicy shirt while on tummy time! :) Yay, she is already rolling over, pushing herself up, milestone after milestone. It is so crazy :( But fun :)
ReplyDeleteAnd my dear Nathan, our energy sucker...loves the girls, but loves our undivided attention! Can't wait for summer days in the sun, at the beach, walking 2nd street, getting yogurt, going for walks...all the cheap fun stuff we will do as non working mommies! YAY.