I have been meaning to get on and blog for a few days now but by the end of the day I find myself lying across the couch with my feet up just flat out exhausted! Who ever said that being a stay at home mommy was easier than working LIED! I can honestly say that being a full time mommy/wife 24-7 is quite a bit of work, sometimes I look forward to working a few days just to get a break. How crazy does that sound?? I consider teaching hormonal middle school students and high school students with attitudes a break?! I do love my life don't get me wrong but dang am I busy. I do need to say though that I am so happy that I have gotten the opportunity to even stay home and spend more time with the kids and take care of my niece. Lots of mommy's would love to stay home but can't afford to! Well NEITHER CAN WE J/K no but really it's definitely a huge sacrifice that Anthony and I made; him being the sole provider and me giving up the opportunity to work so that I can enjoy Alexa, spend more time with Nate and help my Sis and T.J with Rhowan. Even though my day can be stressful (like when both babies are crying at the same time at the top of their lungs, or when Rhowan pulls herself up on the couch and slips to end up with a huge goose egg on her forehead) I thank God that I have gotten this amazing opportunity.. and to my hubby words cannot explain how lucky I feel to have married a man that puts his wife and children FIRST, I love you so much. Thanks for taking care of us :)
OK enough of the mushy stuff.
Well that brings me to how I realized how lucky I am for having been able to stay home since December in the first place. It's that time of the year where construction slows down and you know what that means, time for Anthony to "try out a new company." This same week last year Anthony got laid off from a huge company that he had worked at for four years of his apprenticeship. They got super slow and they held on to him for as long as they could so come May 29th he was on the chopping block. I have to say that was a huge awakening for us on how dramatically your life can change when the bread winner is out of work. Anyway he got picked up by a smaller company in July and has been with them since. Well unfortunately he got the news yesterday that they too are slowing down, so again.. it's his time. It sucks but that's construction, and luckily he is part of a huge local that has hundreds of companies that they work with. On the plus side he is a Journeyman now so if need be he can travel out of state to work, with the kids and I being on vacation we may even get a vacation out of it :)! I just hope something comes along soon because honestly he may be my husband and I may be a little biased but he is one of the hardest working men I know and he so deserves to work for a good company. What keeps me positive is knowing that God will provide!! Sometimes I look back and wonder how we got through some of the toughest times, then I realize that we got through because of God!
Nathan will be done with Preschool on June 10th and will be out of school for 3 months before he starts Kindergarten in September (tears starting to roll down my cheek). He just had his last Baseball game for the season which was kinda sad, we've had so much fun, but he will play again in the fall! I am planning on keeping him very busy this summer...swim lessons, baseball camps, summer camps, bible study, you name it he's signed up! He loves it though, he gets bored so easy and drives me crazy when he's bored so I am determined to keep that boy entertained.
Alexa is growing so fast..I know the typical line for a mommy but so true! She is 4 months old today and is such a happy little girl. I started her on rice cereal at night to begin introducing her to solids and so far it has been a success. I am not surprised though Nathan was always a great eater and never complained about anything I put in front of him (some things never change). She has really done well with her night time routine and it's becoming second nature for me too! Our night goes a little something like this...
Home from Heather's (watching the girls)
Cook dinner
Wash dishes
Clean Up
Feed Alexa her cereal
Bathe Alexa
Get Nate in shower
Alexa gets her bottle..and by the time her bottle is done she is out and I carry her to her crib
Then the battle with Nate to go to bed begins
He is as stubborn as a mule and takes FOREVER to get to bed but man the feeling when both kids are asleep is amazing!!!
As for me...just getting excited for summer; warm sunny days, time with the family and most importantly no work or school. Come August I will be back to full-time student status as I finish my last semester of school and do my student teaching. It's going to get super hectic for a few months so I am going to take advantage of my summer and enjoy every beautiful day!
See what happens when I don't blog in awhile I write a dang novel!! I hope this finds you in peace, happiness and most importantly lots of love!
Until Next time,
Nichole
No comments:
Post a Comment