As you all know Nathan is quite the ham, don't know where he gets it from (well I do but I'm not going to go tooting my own horn) but it's soo true. I see it, his teachers see it, other parents see it, there is just no way around it, he is "that guy" when it comes to a great sense of humor. I could be in the worst mood or totally stressed and he will say the most random, yet hilarious thing and it instantly brings a smile to my face. Today we are on our way to baseball practice and of course running a little late. I get to the field and there is no parking...ugghhh he has five minutes to get his cleats on and to the practice area throwing a baseball with his one of his teammates and I on the other hand have now made my second circle around the park and still NO PARKING!! I'm beyond frustrated and about to turn around and say heck with it when Nate says "hey mom look at me" I look in my rear view because of course I'm driving and can't just stop and turn around to see what he is doing (even though he seems to think so). What do I see but him with his hand thrown up and his hat turned to the side. So I say "yes Nate what do you want to show me?" His reply "I'm a DJ mom". Oh my gosh... I'm busting up and say "Nate what is a DJ" just to see if he even knows what he is talking about or just throwing random stuff out there, then he says "you know the COOL guy who plays music and sometimes dances" WHAAT? How did he know that? When was the last time he's been to the club, better yet a club that had a DJ who wore his hat to the side? So of course I had to stop right there in the parking lot and take a picture..it was just too cute! How he knew what a DJ was is beyond me and the fact that he flipped his hat to the side and said he looks like one was just too cute for words. At this point he was going to be late anyway so what was another minute or too right? So because I took the picture to keep on my phone the next time I need a good laugh, I just had to share...."DJ Nate"
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
My little comedian...
As you all know Nathan is quite the ham, don't know where he gets it from (well I do but I'm not going to go tooting my own horn) but it's soo true. I see it, his teachers see it, other parents see it, there is just no way around it, he is "that guy" when it comes to a great sense of humor. I could be in the worst mood or totally stressed and he will say the most random, yet hilarious thing and it instantly brings a smile to my face. Today we are on our way to baseball practice and of course running a little late. I get to the field and there is no parking...ugghhh he has five minutes to get his cleats on and to the practice area throwing a baseball with his one of his teammates and I on the other hand have now made my second circle around the park and still NO PARKING!! I'm beyond frustrated and about to turn around and say heck with it when Nate says "hey mom look at me" I look in my rear view because of course I'm driving and can't just stop and turn around to see what he is doing (even though he seems to think so). What do I see but him with his hand thrown up and his hat turned to the side. So I say "yes Nate what do you want to show me?" His reply "I'm a DJ mom". Oh my gosh... I'm busting up and say "Nate what is a DJ" just to see if he even knows what he is talking about or just throwing random stuff out there, then he says "you know the COOL guy who plays music and sometimes dances" WHAAT? How did he know that? When was the last time he's been to the club, better yet a club that had a DJ who wore his hat to the side? So of course I had to stop right there in the parking lot and take a picture..it was just too cute! How he knew what a DJ was is beyond me and the fact that he flipped his hat to the side and said he looks like one was just too cute for words. At this point he was going to be late anyway so what was another minute or too right? So because I took the picture to keep on my phone the next time I need a good laugh, I just had to share...."DJ Nate"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
He's too cute! I must say, he does look pretty damn cool! lol
ReplyDeleteI would have just pulled over right next to the entrance, put his cleats on, handed him his glove and told him to get over there. I've done that with Derek before, I'll sit and make sure he gets to the team, then go find parking while he's playing catch. But then again my parenting skills are really model ones so maybe you shouldn't listen to me. LOL
So funny Carri I was debating just dropping him off then I realized he didn't have his cleats on. Next time I'm doing it then I will sit there while he runs; really more like a fast paced walk (as we know how he "runs" bases )to the team. :P:
ReplyDeleteI think he is such a "ham" from his auntie...I don't know, just sayin. :) He is too funny, tell him not to be "that guy" that wears his baseball pants baggy and sagging though, that isn't so "COOL!" LOL.
ReplyDelete