Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's Been Awhile

Time seriously just flies by and next thing you know a few days, then weeks have completely passed me by. I am more busy than I could have ever imagined my life would be, especially for only working part-time. Lately I feel like just when I start to feel caught up on life I'm falling behind with SOMETHING??!!. Kinda like tonight when I rush home after taking care of the girls all day at my sisters, get Nate changed, give him a snack and then rush out the door to be at practice by 5:45 to only get there and realize it started at 5:30. I beat my self up over stuff like this because not only is it so embarrassing for me but I don't want it to affect Nate. He is getting to the age where he notices these things and makes comments like "mom am I going to be late again?" Damn I feel like the more I feel like I have control the more I realize that I really have none at all. I feel like I run around like a chicken with my head cut off. Lately I hardly have time to throw some decent clothes on, do my hair (when the gray is peeking through) paint my toes or even feel like a woman. It really sucks and it's starting to bother me. My sister keeps telling me that in the morning if I get up a little earlier to put on a cute outfit and take the time to do my hair and make-up that I will start feeling better about myself. I usually am a pretty confident person but lately I'm just gonna say it...I feel like ONE HOT MESS!! Just ugly, tired, and not me. I really need to work on this as I know this is part of adjusting to having another little one but dang right now it means sacrificing a few extra minutes of sleep in the morning and to be honest my sleep (the little I get each night) is very important to me.

Well enough of my pity party there has been some great things going on in my life that I just wanted to share...

May 9th was our one year wedding anniversary so on Saturday I spent the day primping for our first big date night out without the kids and it was all a surprise for me. Let me just say my husband is amazing and it was perfect. I'm not to keen on surprises but it made the whole night that much more exciting and romantic not knowing what was next. We started off at a very romantic dinner at a restaurant called Antonello's..a very authentic and quaint Italian restaurant that is a reservation only type of place. It was beautiful, the food was amazing and my hubby knowing how exhausted and overwhelmed I have been lately had my favorite bottle of wine chilling when we sat down. It was so nice to sit and talk and not hear "mooommmy, or waaaaahhhh for longer than 10 minutes. After dinner we took a drive up the coast and ended up in Huntington Beach where we parked and walked up to a beautiful hotel named The Shorebreak. I was so excited this hotel is barely a year old. When we got upstairs to our room and pulled the drapes we had a full on panoramic view of the ocean and Main Street it was so nice. After a few minutes there was a knock on the door and I was greeted by a glass of wine! I kept thinking "Man he really thought this out" . Our night was awesome so quiet, so romantic and just made me realize how incredibly blessed I am to have married the love of my life!!!

Sunday morning was Mother's Day and we spent the day with my parents and my sister just relaxing in the backyard sipping on champagne and spending quality time together. What an amazing weekend we had.

Although the weekend was wonderful the rest of our life has been pretty darn hectic. We had to pack up the entire kids' room and the kitchen because the HOA was finally coming to fix the water damage. We moved into an extended stay hotel for 5 whole days, which was very nice kinda like a staycation I guess?! They finished everything on Tuesday and we were ready to move back. Well it's Thursday night and I have just finished putting the kitchen and the room back together. Not so fun packing and un-packing but on a lighter note both rooms look great and I had a chance to do some spring cleaning..literally!! After being gone for about a week the laundry continues to stack (as laundry does) and I have finally gotten a grasp on that, for now anyways! LOL Does the laundry ever end?? Nope not when I'm doing it for 4 now!

Life has been very crazy and who knows If I will ever regain control? For now I'm just going to try to hang on and enjoy the ride!!

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there girl, we all go through phases like that (mine usually tends to go hand in hand with Aunt Flow) :)
    So glad you got to have a nice romantic night!
    Happy belated anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so right Carrie I think my hormones are just totally out of whack right now, I'm super emotional. I do however think that in order to feel better about myself I need to take better care of myself, so I'm really going to try to do that! Thanks for understanding!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your never alone with these things sis...we all feel it from time to time and just know...this too shall pass! :) You guys are doing an amazing job, you live very busy lives and have two kiddos in the mix now, so just keeping up the pace of day to day tasks is a task in itself. Just remember, a lil "me" time goes a long way! Love you!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete