As you can see from my lack of posts we have been very busy since Baseball season has started. I have been working much more (due to the layoff hearings) and time just gets away from me...
This week I finally have a few days "off" from work (Substitute Teaching), so I finally have time to catch up on my regular mommy duties; housework, laundry, bills, paperwork..you know all that fun stuff..my real full-time job!!
Lately, I have been feeling like we really needed a family getaway even if if was just for a night. When I proposed the idea to Anthony he reminded me that we are still catching up from the months I was out of work...darn student teaching, but was game for spending some quality family time together. I quickly jumped on the opportunity and started planning our little trip. I looked non stop for 3 days on hotels.com and tried to come up with ideas..ya know, vacation on a budget type of ideas!! I finally came across a good deal in San Diego and decided that we could take the kids to the San Diego Wild Animal Park. By the time I had finally committed to my decision (I hate spending money when we have other "necessities") within an hour we were all packed up and the kids were ready to go.
We ended up arriving in San Diego late Saturday afternoon..it was a beautiful day. We went down to Pacific Beach for dinner then ended up spending the rest of the night visiting Ana and see her new apartment. It was so nice to get away and to share some laughs over a few glasses of wine. Sunday we woke up early, got the kids ready, and headed to the Zoo. We spent the entire day there and the kids had a blast. We walked more than I have walked in awhile, not to mention all the up hill walking, but it felt wonderful. Even Nathan was so happy to be out on an adventure..he didn't complain once about all the walking..he's starting to be such an easy-going good boy!!
Nathan was our little tour guide for the day...he held the map and we followed in his lead..such a big boy!!
After about 6 hours and a pit stop at the gift shop we were on our way back home.The mini-cation was short and sweet but well needed. We had a great time together.. just the four of us and as we pulled into our parking garage on Sunday night Nathan said "I had a really great time with you guys"..and that made it all worth it!!!
A night away + quality family time +smiles on the kids faces + an exhausted baby = A Priceless Getaway!!

-
No comments:
Post a Comment