Hello, Hello...With Spring now here and Summer just around the corner I figured it was time to let you all know what has been new in our busy busy little family.
Alexa had her two month check up on Tuesday and I am happy to say it went very well. She weighed in at 11 lbs. and 6 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long. She falls in the 75% for her weight and about 60% for height, what can I say my babies love to eat! As long as they are healthy and active I can't complain. Her eczema is looking better and the doctor says I seem to have a good hand on it, I must say that my cousin Karrie who is a Dermatologist gave me some very helpful advice that has helped me make the eczema manageable..Thank you Karrie!! Although the flare ups can be day to day and will continue to come and go until she eventually & hopefully grows out of it, at least now I know what to do when a flare up occurs. She had to have 3 shots and one oral immunizations but she is a tough little girl and only cried for a brief few minutes then was consoled once she got her pacifier back, that girl LOVES her pacifier as I'm sure you can tell by her pictures. LOL
Last week I had my first parent/teacher conference with Nathan's preschool teacher. I was so nervous because as we all know Nathan can be quite the handful at times, however she had so many great things to say about him that I left with a huge smile on my face. In her words "he is a very bright boy but just seems to rush through things and not always give 100% because he is so distracted as to what will come next or anxious to get into the toy box and play"! Typical boy though he loves to play and video games are his best friend right now. She also said he has quite the personality and has earned the title of "class clown" hmmm I wonder where he gets this from??! I just adore his teacher she has turned a rowdy child that had a hard time expressing his anger and getting along with others into a polite and happy little boy. She has 14 kids in her class, ALL BOYS and she said she usually gets the boys who have created a reputation for themselves the previous year and just loves the challenge of turning them around. We couldn't have been more blessed that Nathan made it into her class even if at first it was for other reasons. Paying the $595 a month for the past two years hasn't always been easy but the education he has received as well as the strong Christian environment with attending chapel once a week has been so great for him, and I would do it all over again...in fact I will with Alexa :)
Nathan also had his Kindergarten Physical at the doctor this past week and what an experience that was! It is amazing all the things children have to do to start school these days; vision test, hearing test, physical exam, 4 immunizations, a TB test and a finger prick to check iron levels Yikes what a day!!! Now all we have left is the dental exam and that will be next week. He is a very healthy boy and although he did scream at the top of his lungs during the 4 shots I don't blame him it was a lot in one day, but luckily..he survived!! I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that he will be 5 years old in June and in Kindergarten in September..wow it has gone so fast, too fast! I am so excited for him though he has been in full day preschool now for almost two years and he is ready to be challenged and I can't wait to watch and guide him. OK now I'm welling up. I just am so proud of my little guy he has come so far (although he does have his days) I just love my kids to pieces I can't say enough how blessed I feel.
As for me and the hubby we are doing well. Anthony is still working nights and is finally adjusting to the schedule and I'm trying too, its just hard because we don't see each other much. If he's home hes asleep and at night hes working, we do value our weekends though and do a lot of family activities then. He usually gets home at 6:30 am just in time to shower and take Nathan to school which is a great help in the morning. He is in his final semester of his apprenticeship and I am SO PROUD of him! It has been a long 5 year program working 4o hours and two nights of school a week and he has come so far in his career. In May he will take his big test then will get promoted to Journeyman Steam Fitter with a nice little pay raise too woo hoo!! As for me I have been working a few days here and there when Heather can babysit Alexa and it has been a nice outlet for me and nice to have a little extra money. Fortunately with subbing Heather and I have very flexible schedules and have been able to help each other out more with babysitting so we both can both save those expensive daycare costs. I have one section of the CSET (California Standardized Exam for Teachers) left to pass and hope to do my student teaching in the fall, not like their are any teaching jobs in California right now or anytime soon but at least I will have my credential and will be ready should a job arise.
As you can see I just love to write and once I start I can't stop, hence why I'm teaching English. Lol Dora the Explorer is over now and Alexa is fussing for me so I better run. I hope this finds you all in happiness, and as always I hope to hear from everyone soon!!
Lots of Love,
Nichole & Family
No comments:
Post a Comment