Thursday, September 22, 2011

"Hello my name is Nichole...

and I am addicted to Facebook"


 *If you or someone you love is addicted to Facebook and is also showing the first sign of addiction (above image) then it is time to get help.. Call 1-800-LOSER for a free consultation and more information. Don't sit on the computer...CALL NOW!!!

 ~1st sign of addiction: When you are on a "Girls Trip" at a beautiful winery and have the opportunity to drink lots of wine and share laughs with your best friends...yet you are sitting in the back at a table like a L.O.S.E.R. on your phone checking "facebook status'" YOU MY FRIENDS ARE ALSO AN ADDICT!!!!!!!!!!


Who would have thought that something as minor as a "social networking" site would become my biggest vice! After a long talk and consideration, Anthony and I decided it was time to pull the plug on Facebook for awhile. It was definitely bitter sweet and of course not easy for me especially, to disconnect from the social world with friends and family; but we both know it is best for right now. So where did this all come from?? Well besides being teased 24-7 for always being on my phone, Nathan mentioned the day previous that we "never have time to play" because we are always on the computer. OK that was it! Our boy was crying out for some attention and I was not going to let his plea go unnoticed. Yes, I could have kept my acct. and just logged on when the kids aren't home or asleep, because that is what a "normal" person would do. Me, however...I was an addict (as ridiculous as it sounds) and I needed to shut it down 100% or else I would find myself being sucked back into "the world wide web" once again..LOL. I must say it feels kind of nice not having to check "status updates" or read people's "comments" although I do miss seeing and posting pictures and it's not going to be as easy to stalk people when they don't "check in"!

Now if I want to know how someone is doing instead of stalking their wall or writing a quick "hello" on a recently uploaded picture, I actually have to pick up the phone or even worse (insert sarcasm here) get some face to face conversation in...GO FIGURE!! (Ha Ha) It's amazing how much time I have now after my mommy/wife duties are complete each night; for reading with the kids, playing with their toys and even a little individual T.V. time..I'm sure that will be my next meeting..."Hello my name is Nichole and I am addicted to  DVR" but that is OK in my book because being a T.V. junkie is much easier to be discreet about then a FB Junkie. :-)

So for those that have wondered why I have dodged your "friendship" now you no longer have to worry, I am just fine and I do still want to be your "friend" just not in that way... My kids should be my addiction (ok that sounds creepy, but seriously)  not stupid Facebook. Just remember I always love to be in the loop so if something REAL BIG goes down, don't forget to call me! BAA HAAA

To my dear facebook family I will miss you all dearly... but now you may have to check this blog more often or better yet you might even have to pick up the phone and call me!!!


 *RIP my dear friend, to many many hours wasted...so long and GOOD BYE!!


Lots of  love,
Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment