Thursday, September 29, 2011

Because I should have been a P.I.

So my close friends have told me many times that I have definitely missed my calling as a Private Investigator. I could probably list the 4,567 stories/incidences as to why...but I don't want to scare you all, nor do I want to give away; as one may say "the ol' tricks of the trade". What I can say though is after today's mission I have definitely mastered my skills...

Mission #4,568: Locate the UPS truck that delivers in the East Long Beach area before 1200 Thursday September 29, 2011, to retain two boxes labeled "Scentsy" addressed to a "Nichole Baca".

You see my friends this is no job for a Rookie. I not only had to find the UPS truck and get my boxes but I had only a matter of two hours to do so. So where did I start??

I remember a woman (name kept private for confidentiality reasons ;) who happens to teach at a locate Middle School in Long Beach known as a "Bancroft Middle School", previously mentioning that the UPS truck makes routine stops at her school close to 10:00 am. So I started there...No Luck..Next Stop: Lakewood High School...again....No Luck. I proceeded to head down Clark Ave. as I knew that he must make routine stops at the local mall...also known as "The Lakewood Center Mall". As I was turning onto a "Harvey Way" I looked up to see the tail lights of a BIG BROWN TRUCK!!!



I hit the gas peddle and ran through an Orange traffic light as I spotted him turning near a "Whitewood Ave." When I finally caught up he was leaving the residence heading Southbound towards LBCC. (You see my first intuition to head for all the local schools was again correct).

As he pulled into the loading dock for the campus, I could see him in his rear view mirror looking back at me. I had been following him closely for a few hundred yards by now so I'm sure he was thinking "what is this crazy woman following me for?". I followed right behind him into the parking area near the loading dock, threw my car into park and proceeded to approach him unloading his truck..I believe the conversation went something like this...

Me: "So your going to think I'm crazy but I have two packages that I need by noon today and..."

He Interrupts.

UPS Man: "Hey I know you...Scentsy right"

Wow! I must be one heck of a Scentsy rep. if he remembers me because of all the packages he has to deliver.

Me: "Yes!" *Sidenote: so much for being discreet* "I am so sorry to follow you like this, but I was on an important mission and was running out of time"


The kind UPS man who has now fully confirmed that YES I AM NUTTS..he laughs it off as he locates my two boxes and hands me the signature pad. He was even kind enough to load it up for me in my car...

You see, no job for a rookie... yet another job has been successfully completed!!



Status: COMPLETE Mission #4,568: Locate the UPS truck that delivers in the East Long Beach area before 1200 Thursday September 29, 2011 to retain two boxes labeled "Scentsy" addressed to a "Nichole Baca". 

Ok. Ok your right...I need to get a hobby...IHAVENOLIFE.COM

1 comment:

  1. OMG you are freaking HILARIOUS and yes, you have def missed your calling as Ana says! That is too funny...so much for just making the photo copies. Hope you got a lot of sales at your show Mrs. Dedicated Scentsy. Now be as determined to SELL and you will be RICH!!!! LOL...

    ReplyDelete