Sooo Nathan had a choice; Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, or Universal Studios Hollywood. I told him he can choose one friend and we would take them for a day of "fun in the sun". Nate didn't think twice before he chose his buddy Jake! It worked out perfect for me because his mommy Amy, is one of my very best friends, so I knew she would be on board with our plans!
We picked up Jake around 8:30 am, stopped for breakfast and we were on our way. We got to Knott's right when they opened and the weather was perfect. We went on as many rides as we could squeeze in. We had a barbeque lunch and I even snuck in some snacks and candy bags to keep the boys happy :-)
The boys went on roller coasters, the big swings, and even some rides that I was a little nervous for. Toward the end of our trip it was getting a little warmer so the boys wanted to go on Perilous Plunge..so off to the line we went. The closer we got to the front the quicker I realized that I was not coming off of this ride dry! By the time it was our turn to board the boat, I walked right through and got off on the other side. LOL I figured I would sit this one out, after all they all had a change of clothes, I on the other hand did not.
We spent the rest of the day navigating our way through the entire park, by 3pm we were spent. When I say "we" I don't know about the boys but Anthony & I were exhausted. It is a lot of work entertaining two little men. I must say though there was no major arguments (we took turns sitting in the front) and they seemed to be smiling most of the day..so I guess it was a success!!
Although they may duke it out at times...they are still best of friends...just like their mama's :-)
By the time we got home I was ready for a glass of
SUCCESS
Next year I will be back to party planner extraordinaire, but I will definitely keep to the "every other year" plan because I think that Nathan's "6th Birthday Celebration" turned out just fine!!









No comments:
Post a Comment