Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday, Nathan!

To my baby "big boy" Nathan~



I can't believe that six years has come and gone. You have grown into such a handsome, witty, little man with a great sense of humor (just like your mama). In a few months you will be embarking a new journey as you become a big First Grader and I couldn't be more proud.

I will never forget the day that changed my life forever..the day I found out that I was pregnant with you. I was going through a rough patch in my life so I will not lie and say that the news was easy to share..in fact gramma and papa were devastated. I wasn't married, I was living at home, I had recently dropped out of cosmetology school (my lifelong dream) and was pretty much on the fast track heading "no where"...fast. Luckily, I was working full time and Grandma had convinced me to get my AA degree right out of High School, because honestly baby that was the only thing that saved me...as I prepared for your arrival.  I knew that my life was going to change forever and to be honest your daddy and I were very scared, but we knew that if we could stick together that we would make it work. Your daddy had to leave Grandma & Grandpa Baca's house and move to Long Beach. When I look back everything happened so fast. He moved to Long Beach, we bought the condo, he got a job, and I was determined to go back to school and get my Bachelor's Degree.


I made a promise to Grandma that I would do whatever it took to go back to school and although I knew it would not be easy, my life now had a purpose and I was determined to finish. I enrolled at CSUDH the very next month and went to school my first semester with you growing in my belly. Thankfully you were born in the summer so I didn't even have to take a semester off nor did I have to take a break from my job. Everything seemed to work out just perfectly, this is how I know that it was all part of "God's Master Plan". You see Nathan, you forever changed my life in the best way possible and the minute I saw your beautiful little face I knew that it was time to step up and be the best mommy that I could possibly be.



Although we have hit some rough patches, it is your face that I woke up to each morning that pushed me that much harder. I worked my tail off, put my self through college with loans and grants, worked full-time then eventually in 2008 my dream came too and I finally got my B.A. There wasn't no stopping your mama there. As I walked in the ceremony that day I could see your little face in the stands cheering me on. I knew that if I wanted to become a teacher I had to keep going, no breaks...just keep on grindin' and I did. Now with two kids in tow and a husband I kept on pushing and finally now I have my teaching credential..thanks to you babe!


I want you to know that I feel so lucky that God chose me to be your mommy. You saved my life baby, in a time when I didn't know where my life was going to go. I know you are becoming more and more independent everyday but to me you will always be my first, my baby boy, my little angel. You made the hardest days easy and you have always kept me smiling (even if it was you being naughty). I am ALWAYS here for you and I look forward to all that is to come. Your future is very bright and as long as you believe in yourself, keep your chin up, and trust in the lord there is nothing that you can not do. I love you more than you will ever know.



Happy Birthday Big Boy...Happy 6th Birthday!!!

I love you to the moon & back...

Love,

Mom

1 comment:

  1. So Beautiful. Love you Nate..U have the best Mommy that God can give a little boy..Love her lots..

    ReplyDelete