Speaking of the heat it has been crazy hot here this past week or so. All summer we have been hoping for warmer weather so we could enjoy the summer days at the beach, etc. It's been in the mid 90's or so and it's been a little challenging trying to figure out what to do (without driving my parents crazy in their cooled house) so they kids stay cool. Having no AC in the condo isn't usually a big deal because we are so close to the ocean but lately it has been unbearable. With that being said I have had my fun in the heat I'm ready for the beautiful 73 degree weather to come back!!
Anyway got a little sidetracked there...
Wednesday we went to the California Science Discovery Center in Santa Ana with the same group of people and had a blast. My oh so inquisitive 100 million questions a day child was actually in awe and could not get enough of all the cool stuff they had there. During this month they have an exhibit called "Grossology" and let me tell you..it was just that and more. It explained funny things like why people fart and burp, what causes runny noses and foul smells. They even had a little exhibit with a smelling station where you could smell:
1. Bad Breath
2. Armpit
3. Feet
4. Anus YES ANUS as in Butt, Rear End, Ba donk a donk, Booty...Ass!!
Of course my inquisitive son gets in from somewhere so just to see how "realistic" these smells were I couldn't hold back. Can you say BARF!! It was soo real and super disgusting. So much though that I had to hang around to watch the other
This was a cool wall that had a chair lift that the kids would pull themselves up the wall with by using their strength and the help of a rope. Good exercise and I wanted to try but I guess this was one of those "Just for Kids" rides. Boo Hoo
Believe it or not Nate is lying on a bed of Nails. This was unREAL. You lay down on a plastic platform and then once very still they raise up the nails REAL NAILS. He was so stoked and proud that he did this..I could have tried this but umm (thinking of an excuse) Alexa needed me at this moment ( yeah that's it) LOL
Virtual Hockey. Nate just slid back and forth in his socks and the hockey player skated around the ice.
And playing Goalie this evening for the CONDORS.........NATHAN BACA
This was a virtual Tornado. It went up to 100mph and the kids just loved it! Too bad Nathan doesn't have long hair because watching the little girls in there was hilarious!!
Virtual Volleyball..since mommy couldn't just leave Alexa sitting to the side Nate made friends (which he is never to shy to do) and joined their game. Above them there was a huge flat screen TV with them in the sand and a large volleyball net as if they were playing beach volleyball.
There were so many other very neat things and I would definitely go back again it was a great place for kids especially ones who are so interested in how things work and why things happen.. like mine. Next time though I will not forgot my camera.
On Friday we wen't to Aunties & Uncle TJ's where Nathan enjoyed the slip n slide and the girls played in a little sprinkler. It was a hot day so perfect for playing in the water.
What a great week we had..now the countdown to return to school/work is in full swing so stay tuned for any last adventures that I can squeeze in these next ten days or so..






No comments:
Post a Comment