This past weekend Anthony & I decided that we were not going to go anywhere or do anything but sit home and relax. Every weekend we are on the go (which is fun) but sometimes it can be very tiring and overwhelming. One of the great perks of where we live is that we are literally a hop, skip & a jump from the beach.
Ever since we had the kids we have been going to the bay. A much smaller scaled area at the end of 2nd street with hardly any waves and shallow water for a few feet out. It's mostly populated by other families with small children and we always are able to find a place to dump all our crap and set up camp.
Notice the umbrella anchored in to the stroller. That was entertaining trying to watch the hubby get that thing to stay after almost losing it as it flew across the beach..us yelling at each other and the onlookers getting some good entertainment (never a dull moment with us that's for sure)!
It was a little chilly when we first got there but we knew it was going to be a beautiful day so we had to get there a little early to be able to get a good spot. Alexa was such a good girl, the first hour or so she just sat in her carrier and watched the water and her big brother play in the sand.
Finally it got warm enough and it was time to break out Nate's sidekicks "The Floats" Ok Ok so I need to put him in swim lessons. He is outgrowing those things that's for sure, but the first time we did swim lessons was traumatic and I wasn't ready to go there again. However to save my son the embarrassment of having to break those bad boys out when he is 16 and at the beach with his girlfriend I promise to do it this year!! Either way as you can see there is absolutely no shame in his game!! LOL
Since I wouldn't dare post pics of me in my oh so sexy tankini and Heather threatened me if I posted any of her. Here are some pics of the hubby and the kids.. having a great time!!
Rhowan just LOVED the sand and splashing around in the water. This was the best part to watch because (Ok Sis here is when I get to put you on blast..it's all in good fun though and I still love you to pieces) my sister had a hard time containing her self. She does not like when Rhowan gets messy or has sand in every crevice of her body including even the corners of her eyes this time. Pretty funny coming from the mom who hated brushing her hair and spent many years of her childhood being chased around the house by both of our parents just to get her in the bath. Oh Nini you definitely know how to keep your mommy on her toes! Even though she had sand everywhere and was a total mess, it was all rinsed off by the end of the day and that smile on her face was priceless!!
Of course I had to get my little Juicy model sun bathing. Isn't she just adorable. This time I was able to contain her on the towel and didn't have to worry about her wanting to get messy like her cousin but next summer we are definitely in for some fun, both girls will be running around and Nathan will be there egging it all on.. CAN'T WAIT!!






Hi Nichole, I just read your blog for the first time in a while. I haven't been very good about keeping up. I especially look at all of your pics on facebook. The kids are getting big so fast. I can't wait to see all of you and I can't wait until our next get together.I am so happy that Anthony is back to work and that you may be getting a bigger house. That will be great for all of you.I love you, Aunt Barb
ReplyDelete