Thursday, April 22, 2010

Are You There Blog, It's Me Nichole..

So It's 11:00 pm and the kids are sound asleep (woo hoo) and Anthony is at work, so instead of me getting my butt into bed (since I am working tomorrow) I have a million and one things on the brain and I just can't sleep. So my solution..BLOG!! Sooo what's new with us?? Over the weekend we got a new truck..yay!! It is a 2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab (room for two car seats) TRD package & all. I will have to post a pic or two for you to see. Anthony's Impala was about ready to kill over and before it did we decided that it was time to treat ourselves. I love it, but I am so scared to drive it. The only bummer was we didn't get much for the trade in so the payments are a little higher then I would have wanted, but I am so glad we have a brand spankin new car that is reliable and can fit the whole fam. We are still looking for a house to rent and think we have found someone to rent the condo, but everything is on hold right now until the darn HOA fixes the moisture issues in the walls of the kitchen and when that starts its gonna be crazy. I'm going to have to pack up the kitchen AGAIN for the drywall to be torn out, repainted, and new cupboards to be installed, it's only been 3 years since the last problem and already we are doing this again..ugghh!! I hope they get it right this time. On the upside, another new kitchen remodel paid by the HOA, cha ching! Anthony is still a working machine and still on nights :( but just glad he has a job! The kids are doing great; Nate is loving playing T-Ball and we have met and re-connected with some really awesome parents which has been a lot of fun for both of us. It's funny because at the games and practices I find myself talking with the other moms the entire time, that when a games over I say "already"? I know I know bad mom right?! But it's just so hard not to, it's like my time to get out and be social with adults for god sakes. I'm going to try to not do that so much because after the last game Nate said " hey mom did you even see me hit the ball?, you were just laughing with the lady" LOL OH MY GOSH, HE NOTICED!!! He is just so funny these days, the things that come out of his mouth are hilarious. For example on the way to school yesterday he asked me how many calories were in his fruit snacks. What?? Who taught him that and how does he know how to use the word "calories" in the correct context. Ok so maybe it was me.. I'm a little on the Nazi side about snacks just because I am so paranoid about his weight..because he is a stalky kid. I don't want him to be "THAT" kid that gets teased and has a weight complex. I know he's only 4, but this is when poor habits begin and I don't want him to battle with his weight like I have my entire life.. Ok so I just totally went off on a huge tangent but actually that is one of the things that I have been obsessing over that gets in the way of my sleep. I worry daily about his weight and his self-esteem, everyday I'm over his shoulder watching what he's eating then at times I feel bad thinking he is just a kid so I give in and let him indulge in the great things in life like McDonald's and Krispy Kreme then after I feel like a horrible mother who's just making the problem worse. I really need to be consistent and only buy healthy snacks, avoid fast food, etc. etc. but I'm a busy mom whose most of the time running this house alone always and the go, and it's just so hard but I have to do it for my kids sake. That was actually my new years resolution though as corny as it sounds I want to make sure that I do everything I can to make my family healthy. Wow I feel much better one thing off of my list of worries that make me sick to my stomach daily. As for our little Alexa she is just growing so fast, she is already out of all her 0-3 mo. clothes and is wearing either 3 mos. or 3-6 mos. I can't believe how fast time is flying. The great thing about the whole clothes thing is I have a beautiful niece who happens to be the best dressed in Lakewood ( I'm talking Juicy sweatsuits, Ralph Lauren Velour outfits, Vans tennis shoes..) you get the picture. Anyway Alexa gets all those hand me downs without me spending all of the money. Thanks Sis!! She is such a great baby and sleeps so much, she's already sleeping through the night just not exactly the hours I favor. I'm really working on the whole 8 to 8 thing, but for now it's more like 10 to 10. I can't complain though because once she's down she's down and I get a good nights sleep ( most of the time). She is starting to recognize people and has this huge smile that she plasters on her face when she sees a familiar face. It's so rewarding to see your children smile, its a huge confirmation that I am doing something right! As for me...I'm doing well just living and loving my crazy life! Well it's getting late and if I don't get to bed now I'm going to regret it in the morning .

xoxoxo Nichole

2 comments:

  1. Nichole you are doing a fantastic job...your family is your number one priority and that is all one can ask or strive for. You are an amazing mom and understanding wife, so in all the craziness, try to stop and enjoy the small moments that you will never be able to get back. I look at all you do and admire you for it, you are so busy an have your plate full with two lil ones and I am stressed over one! You are doing great and have a blessed family. Love you guys.
    Oh and btw, would you expect "The Princess" to dress or have anything less? j/k...she is truly spoiled and already has her daddy's taste in clothes, but just remember to replace it into "the bin" for the rest of the lil Bruce's yet to come!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sis it really means a lot. I think both of us spend too much time trying to always figure out whats the perfect answer to our daily challenges as mommies. I have really thought hard about this now for a few days and I think the perfect answer is to follow what is in our hearts, if we follow our heart we can't go wrong. Parenting is definatly not easy and does not come with any instructions but we have been raised by some pretty amazing parents who have been great examples for us. As long as we trust our gut and love our children unconditionally we WILL be doing the right thing we just have to help remind eachother of that...after all what are sisters for. I think you and TJ are doing a tremendous job as well! I love you

    ReplyDelete