Friday, January 27, 2012

Happy Happy Birthday Baby...

It's hard to believe that our little girl is Two years old already! Where does the time go?? I remember what seems like just yesterday....sitting at the Dr.'s office, palms sweating as we were about to find out the sex of the little "peanut in my belly"! I will never forget the joy that filled my heart, when the Dr. excitingly broke the news... "It's a girl"!!! I think I cried the entire way home..I will never forget that day....EVER!


Although I would have said I was one lucky mama, I have since realized it was much more then luck...it was pure destiny and all part of God's great plan! You see I was so incredibly close with a woman in my life whom I called "Oma", and when she passed I felt as if a huge part of my heat was ripped out! Little did I know that a few years later God would bless me with my own little girl...a girl who is sassy, assertive, beautiful, witty, and has such a huge heart just like my Oma did! My own little mini me!! There's no doubt this was all by chance as I know from the start that I would name my sweet daughter after her. What I know now though  is that I got more than just a name to carry down, but what I believe to be a piece of my Oma's spirit! For this I am forever grateful...as I know my Oma is always with me.

Alexa ~

You came into our lives and blew us all away with your spunky yet beautiful personality! At the young age of two you have taught me so much about love and how important it is to try not to control every situation! You have shown me with your free spirit attitude that through the hardest of days, a little laugh or even "breaking the rules" sometimes can bring so much joy to one's life! You have completed our little family of three and have given your big brother (who loves you so much)...a life long best friend. Seeing you two play and laugh together is all I ever need to make me smile. Seeing you two duke it out reminds me just how fierce you are...you little monster you!


You have brought your auntie and I closer then ever as you and Rhowan have found so much love for one another. It is so amazing to watch you two..it reminds me so much of Heather and I when we were small. I hope your relationship continues to grow and one day you will count on each other in the drop if a hat...just like my sister and I do today!


You are walking, talking, laughing, singing and truly are our little firecracker with your rebel personality!! Although at times I feel like pulling my hair out..life would not be as exciting without your spunkiness!!  I feel beyond blessed to be your mommy and I can't wait to watch you grow into a beautiful young girl. I love you with all my heart....Happy Birthday Baby!!!

Mommy xoxo

1 comment: