Friday, December 16, 2011

Faaa laaa laaa la la..

My kids LOVE music. I always have music going, whether it is streaming through Pandora on the computer, I am being an absolute nutt making up my silly songs, or we are blasting our favorite songs in the car. The kids are always singing along (or at least trying to) and dancing like crazy! Nathan has come to the age where he not only understands the lyrics but he memorizes them too. Oh brother, this has become quite scary..especially since mommy listens to not so appropriate hip- hop or as he says "teenager music" lol.

So yesterday I am working my normal "super classroom mom" shift in Nate's class, just walking around helping the kids with their work when I hear the words "I'm Sexy and I know it" . OMG...deer in headlights!!  I'm thinking..don't turn around Nichole because that was your kid that just said that..what in the world is he talking about...and WHO in the H-- is he talking too?? I quietly start walking towards him as he is now singing the same lyric over and over "I'm sexy and I know it", "I'm sexy and I know it".....his singing is getting louder and louder. I give the ol' finger over my mouth "quiet please" signal as he laughs and act like he doesn't see me.

You see now he's got a few of his classmates attention and he is LOVING IT!

I swear I was walking in a quiet fog because it seemed like it took me forever to get to him so I could quietly threaten him in his ear to stop singing ask him to stop! Well before I know it I hear...

The teacher: "Who is singing that song?"

OMG my face is now bright red and everyone has stopped, including the mom that is also working in the class with me...

Students start shouting "It's Nathan"

LOVELY!!! Of course on my friggan' day to work in the class my son has to start singing sexually explicit lyrics to his 1st grade classmates..

Luckily, the teacher and I have a good relationship and she just laughed it off. The topper was that her oldest is in High School so she has heard the song that Nate was rappin'. And because I worry about everything like "Oh no now what does she think of me..now she's probably just trying to figure out where Nate heard it."  Think Fast Nichole...Ok here it is. Disclaimer: I am Sorry Anthony but it's your turn to take the fall..

"My husband still listens to that hip-hop music" I whispered in her ear. She just smiled back...

Phew that was a close one!

And for you not so hip mom's out there...hee hee (click on link below) this is what my boy was singing...don't think bad of me. I promise he has NEVER SEEN THIS VIDEO nor does he understand what "sexy" means...at least I hope not!!!!

I'm Sexy and I know it

Well.. guess it's back to Kost 103.5 for me....Man it's no fun being a "good mommy"

No comments:

Post a Comment