Monday, October 4, 2010

It's Time To Find A Cure

There comes a time in your life where you realize that even though you have faced many struggles and have hit a number of rough patches you turn yourself to God and realize that through all of this you must be grateful for what you do have and how blessed you truly are. Lately I have spent so much time stressing out about student teaching, trying to stay on top of my school work, keeping up with Nathan and his transition into Kindergarten and making sure I am not missing one of my baby girls important milestones that I often forget to stop and thank the lord for making all of this possible for me.

When I was 17 years old I lost a very good friend to Leukemia and it was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to go through. As a mother now I could not even imagine having to go through what my friend Chad's mom Jackie and her family had to go through, losing a child too soon. Lately Every time I turn my head I hear a story about someone battling Cancer and it just breaks my heart. More and more children are getting diagnosed everyday and losing their lives because the money just isn't there to find a cure. It's time for me to step up and try to make a difference. I have decided that during this month (which is Cancer Awareness Month) I am going to donate every dollar of my commission to finding a cure for childhood cancer. It may not be much and though we are living on one income right now, I look at my Scentsy money as extra money and that extra money could make a little difference to maybe one child out there currently fighting for their life.

I am so incredibly blessed to have the beautiful family and amazing children that I have so I feel that it is now my turn to "pay it forward"! Anyone interested in helping me raise money this month for cancer I would love your help! Every dollar counts so if you can find it in your heart to make a donation together we can make a difference!!

No comments:

Post a Comment